Sunday, January 6, 2013

Inspirational Quotes on Marriage

My hubby & I are not perfect. I am not ashamed to admit that we do have low periods in our marriage from time to time. Miscommunication, insensitivity, feeling smarter than the other --- these are some of the reasons for our arguments. I don't know if there is a psychological explanation to this but sometimes I think it's because we're both the eldest child in our own families. I guess we're both too proud to admit our mistakes sometimes and we're used to being the "boss" to our siblings.

They say there is no perfect marriage. There will always be growing pains and by being married, you both need to get better at it and discover how to overcome some obstacles of life. I admit that there are times when I wonder if I married the right man, if I would be happier now if I remained single.

Emotions sometimes get the best of me but I know that after a couple of hours, I will again feel fine and realize that yes, I married the right man and I'm going to stick with him forever! Just like what I promised God on that very beautiful Tuesday, two years ago.

I hope you too are keeping your promises to God. If you're feeling a little blue, please read below some quotes that I found. Hoping that whatever it is bugging you today, love will find its way to make you happy again. 😊

In marriage, each partner is to be an encourager rather than a critic, a forgiver rather than a collector of hurts, an enabler rather than a reformer.
-- H. Norman Wright and Gary J. Oliver

People think they have to find their soulmate to have a good marriage. You're not going to "find" your soulmate. Anyone you meet already has soulmates. Their mother. Their father. Their lifelong friends. You get married, and after 20 years of loving,bearing and raising children, meeting challenges - then you'll have "created" your soulmate.
-- Diane Sollee

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
-- Theodore Hesburgh

What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.
-- Leo Tolstoy

A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.
-- Ruth Bell Graham


Mommy May

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you share your thoughts with me! Thanks for dropping by! :)